Switchblade found on Colchester streets destroyed by police
- Credit: Archant
Another knife was taken off the Streets of Colchester thanks to an anonymous member of the public.
Essex Police were contacted after a concerned citizen found a switchblade in the Greenstead and Wivenhoe area.
Police Community Support Officer Lee Compton, who took the knife in, tweeted that the town had been made a safer place.
He said: “This knife was found in Colchester. It has now been taken off the streets and will be destroyed. Say no to knife crime.”
Essex Police has been running a knife crime campaign since November 2017, which has sought to encourage the public to dispose of bladed items in the bins around the county provided by the Only Cowards Carry charity.
You may also want to watch:
The force is also using the hashtag
Visit the Essex Police knife crime page for more information about the campaign.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 5 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 Missing person from Braintree has been found
- 10 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash