Sybil Andrews Academy headteacher Andy Prestoe leaves for ‘personal and professional reasons’
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of a Bury St Edmunds secondary school which opened 16 months ago has left suddenly for “personal and professional reasons”.
Andy Prestoe, head at Sybil Andrews Academy, on the Moreton Hall estate, left at half-term and a letter has been sent to parents informing them of the news.
Vice principals Shaun Douglas and James Mason will lead the school over the next few weeks along with support from other senior leaders at neighbouring schools in the Samuel Ward Academy Trust.
The school said it is hoping to appoint a new headteacher to start in September.
Tim Coulson, chief executive of Samuel Ward Academy Trust, said: “We can confirm that Andy Prestoe left his position as headteacher of Sybil Andrews Academy at half-term for personal and professional reasons.
You may also want to watch:
“We are fortunate to have a very fine wider senior leadership team and Shaun Douglas and James Mason will lead the school over the next few weeks.
“Samuel Ward Academy Trust has also arranged for them to be supported by other senior leaders from neighbouring secondary schools within the trust.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 4 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 5 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 8 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 9 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 10 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
“Our intention is to appoint a new permanent headteacher as soon as possible who we envisage starting at the school in September.”
Paul Rayner, chair of governors at the school, said: “Andy has been an excellent first headteacher of Sybil Andrews Academy and we have been fortunate to have had his leadership – both in overseeing the opening of our new school and the fantastic progress the school has made throughout the first 18 months.
“I am confident that the school leadership team and governing body will continue to build on the excellent start the school has made.”