Motorcyclist left with life-threatening injuries after serious crash on A12
Police are appealing for witnesses after a serious collision on a slip road off the A12 near Colchester which has left a motorcyclist with life-threatening injuries.
Officers were contacted at just after 6pm today, Saturday, May 25, following reports a motorbike had been in collision with a tree on the southbound carriageway at Junction 27 A133 slip road.
The rider, a man in his 20s, suffered life-threatening injuries and has been taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge.
Officers remain at the scene and the A133 slip has been closed in both directions.
The crash caused long tailbacks for a time as emergency services dealt with the incident at Cymbeline Way (Avenue Of Remembrance Roundabout).
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: "We are investigating the circumstances that led to the crash and want to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the crash or who has dash cam footage to contact the Stanway Road Policing Unit on 101."
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 8 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 9 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit