Motorcyclist left with life-threatening injuries after serious crash on A12
Police are appealing for witnesses after a serious collision on a slip road off the A12 near Colchester which has left a motorcyclist with life-threatening injuries.
Officers were contacted at just after 6pm today, Saturday, May 25, following reports a motorbike had been in collision with a tree on the southbound carriageway at Junction 27 A133 slip road.
The rider, a man in his 20s, suffered life-threatening injuries and has been taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge.
Officers remain at the scene and the A133 slip has been closed in both directions.
The crash caused long tailbacks for a time as emergency services dealt with the incident at Cymbeline Way (Avenue Of Remembrance Roundabout).
A police spokesman said: "We are investigating the circumstances that led to the crash and want to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the crash or who has dash cam footage to contact the Stanway Road Policing Unit on 101."
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 6 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 7 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 8 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 9 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss