Take part in annual Suffolk Historic Churches Trust bike and stride to support upkeep
- Credit: Archant
The annual biking and walking charity event in support of Suffolk churches takes place this weekend.
This year’s event takes place on Saturday, September 9, from 9am to 5pm, and supports Suffolk Historic Churches Trust.
There are more than 700 churches, chapels and meeting houses open in Suffolk and others in the surrounding counties.
Marian Shaw, ride organiser, said: “Why not get out your walking boots and your helmets and enjoy a healthy day out, exploring the local footpaths and byroads, visiting known churches and chapels and discovering new ones.
“A warm welcome and light refreshments await you at every one.”
Sponsor forms, and church lists to help you plan your route are available at many local churches.
• For more information, or for anyone who wants to participate, go to the website at www.shct.org.uk, or phone the trust on 01787 883884
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 6 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 7 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 8 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 9 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role
- 10 Major west Suffolk road reopens after two vehicle crash