How well have you been keeping up with the news in the last week?
- Credit: Archant
How news savvy have you been? Test your friends and family with our quiz.
It was revealed last week that fashion chain New Look is considering closing 60 of its stores.
The high street clothes retailer has stores in many towns in the region including Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, Sudbury, Beccles, Thetford, Lowestoft, Colchester and Clacton.
In Norfolk, New Look has a presence in Norwich, Kings Lynn and Great Yarmouth.
Sky News has learnt that the South African-owned chain is drawing up proposals for a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA), a process often used by struggling retailers to restructure financial obligations to creditors.
You may also want to watch:
The EADT has contacted New Look but as yet the company has declined to comment.
The news is another sign of the tough retail environment facing the high street.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 7 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead