Suffolk workers join ‘teddy takeover’ for Children in Need
- Credit: THE HEARING CARE CENTRE
As the country pulls together for Children in Need, one Ipswich business is raising funds by encouraging employees to bring a few cuddly friends to work.
Staff at The Hearing Care Centre have been bringing their childhood teddies to work, while encouraging members of the public to make £1 donations to Children in Need.
Pictures show the team’s teddies hard at work at the practice on Upper Brook Street in Ipswich – carrying out earwax removal, having hearing tests and taking calls on the service desk.
Karen Finch, managing director, said she was very excited to have dug out her beloved bear.
“Mine is called Tatty Teddy and I must have had him since I was six,” she said. “The poor old thing has been tucked up in the loft for a long while now.
You may also want to watch:
“We got involved in this initiative for a bit of fun, but most importantly it’s a great way to raise money and do our bit for Children in Need.”
After a hard morning’s work, teddies (and staff) enjoyed a coffee morning together, raising even more money for the cause.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 8 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 9 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 10 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
The ‘Take Your Teddy to Work Day’ campaign takes place every year, and was started by BBC Radio Suffolk presenter Mark Murphy in 2014.
• Have you been taking part in the campaign this year? Send your teddy pictures to email@example.com