Search

Family homeless after Clacton house fire rescue

PUBLISHED: 09:01 23 June 2019 | UPDATED: 09:01 23 June 2019

Firefighters from Clacton and Weeley were called to the property  Picture: ECFRS

Firefighters from Clacton and Weeley were called to the property Picture: ECFRS

Archant

A man in his 30s and a child were rescued from a house fire in Clacton.

The blaze broke out at an address in Tanner Close on Saturday afternoon.

Firefighters from Clacton and Weeley were called to the property just before 2.55pm.

Firefighters rescued two people - a man and child.

You may also want to watch:

On arrival, crews reported the conservatory to the rear of the property and a nearby garden shed were alight.

The home itself was completely smoke logged.

A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said: "Firefighters immediately rescued the child from the downstairs of the premises and also led the man, who is in his 30s, to safety."

The fire was fully extinguished by 3.50pm.

The man suffered smoke inhalation and the family were left homeless by the damage caused by the smoke.

The fire service believes the cause of the blaze was accidental and due to faulty external wiring.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the East Anglian Daily Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the East Anglian Daily Times