Teacher airlifted after ladder fall
A teacher has been airlifted to hospital after falling from a ladder at an Essex school.The accident happened just before 3pm today at Clacton County High School in Walton Road, Clacton.
By Roddy Ashworth
A teacher has been airlifted to hospital after falling from a ladder at an Essex school.
The accident happened just before 3pm today at Clacton County High School in Walton Road, Clacton.
An operations manager was on the scene within eight minutes backed up by the air ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Trevor Redburn said: “The man, who was estimated to be in his mid-50s, was on a wheeled ladder and unfortunately no one was there to ensure it was stable.
“He fell a distance of about six feet, injuring his knees and suffering a cut to the head.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 10 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
“We fully examined and treated him on the scene before he was airlifted to Colchester General Hospital for further care.
“His injury does not appear to be serious, but with this kind of incident we do not take chances.”