Teen badly hurt in bike accident
A TEENAGE cyclist suffered serious facial injuries in a crash with a car in Southwold on Sunday.
At about 11am in North Parade, the 18-year-old went through the rear windscreen of a red Honda Accord and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital by the Essex Air Ambulance.
Police were called to the scene at 11.05 am and North Parade, which runs parallel to the sea, was closed until 2.26pm.
The air ambulance landed at the Marlborough Road junction at 11.42am.
A police spokesman said the teenager suffered “severe cuts to the face”.
You may also want to watch:
He underwent surgery at the hospital and it is hoped that he will be able to return home soon.
Call the Halesworth Roads Policing Unit on 01986 835350 with information about the crash.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs