Teenager accused of threatening person with knife to appear at youth court
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A 17-year-old boy accused of threatening a person with a knife and assaulting a woman in Sudbury will appear at youth court later this month.
The teenager, who cannot be named because of his age, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court yesterday to face three offences.
He is charged with using threatening words and behaviour, assault by beating, and threatening a person with a blade in a public place following an incident in Sudbury on Saturday, February 1.
Police said they were called to a property in the town on February 1 following reports of a teenager allegedly making threats.
A short time later, officers attended a different property where a male was reportedly trying to force his way in, and a woman suffered alleged injuries to her arm.
You may also want to watch:
At his hearing on Monday, the teenager did not enter a plea and was bailed to appear at youth court in Ipswich on Thursday, February 20.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down