Teen in quad bike horror crash
A TEENAGE passenger on a quad bike was seriously injured after it collided with a heavy goods vehicle in Clacton.The accident happened when a 15-year-old driver and his 13-year-old passenger were riding on grassland near to Constable Avenue.
A TEENAGE passenger on a quad bike was seriously injured after it collided with a heavy goods vehicle in Clacton.
The accident happened when a 15-year-old driver and his 13-year-old passenger were riding on grassland near to Constable Avenue.
The quad bike travelled along a path, across a pavement and into the road where it collided with an HGV driven by a 37-year-old from Laindon in south Essex.
The passenger was taken to Colchester General Hospital suffering from serious leg injuries and underwent surgery. Police took his mother to the hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the quad bike was not injured in the collision. Police are investigating and have asked for witnesses to the accident which happened at about 11.50am on Monday.
Sgt Chris Tyler from Stanway road policing unit said it should be a warning to others. "This is a reminder to parents not to allow access to this type of vehicles unsupervised and for anyone who owns such a bike to make sure it is secure," he said.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
Anyone who witnessed the accident should contact Stanway road policing unit on 01206 762212.