Teen in quad bike horror crash
A TEENAGE passenger on a quad bike was seriously injured after it collided with a heavy goods vehicle in Clacton.The accident happened when a 15-year-old driver and his 13-year-old passenger were riding on grassland near to Constable Avenue.
A TEENAGE passenger on a quad bike was seriously injured after it collided with a heavy goods vehicle in Clacton.
The accident happened when a 15-year-old driver and his 13-year-old passenger were riding on grassland near to Constable Avenue.
The quad bike travelled along a path, across a pavement and into the road where it collided with an HGV driven by a 37-year-old from Laindon in south Essex.
The passenger was taken to Colchester General Hospital suffering from serious leg injuries and underwent surgery. Police took his mother to the hospital.
The driver of the quad bike was not injured in the collision. Police are investigating and have asked for witnesses to the accident which happened at about 11.50am on Monday.
Sgt Chris Tyler from Stanway road policing unit said it should be a warning to others. "This is a reminder to parents not to allow access to this type of vehicles unsupervised and for anyone who owns such a bike to make sure it is secure," he said.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 10 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
Anyone who witnessed the accident should contact Stanway road policing unit on 01206 762212.