Two arrested after crash sees teen airlifted to hospital
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of assault after a 15-year-old boy suffered life-threatening injuries in a serious road collision.
Essex Police are appealing for witnesses following the crash, which happened in Turner Road, Colchester shortly before 3.30pm yesterday, Wednesday, May 1.
Officers were called to reports that a car had been in collision with a pedestrian near to the north entrance of Colchester Hospital.
The victim, a teenage boy, was airlifted to hospital where he remains in a serious but stable condition.
Two teenagers from the town were arrested in connection with the incident on Wednesday evening.
A 16-year-old boy and a 15-year-old girl were both arrested on suspicion of assault. The girl was also arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
You may also want to watch:
Both have since been bailed until May 24 as police enquiries continue.
Anyone who saw the incident, or has dash cam or CCTV footage, is asked to call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 quoting incident 718 of 01/05. People can also submit footage by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 4 Burst water main floods A14 roundabout and leaves homes without water
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 7 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
- 8 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 9 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 10 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
Alternatively, Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111.