Teenage boy arrested in connection with murder of Ladimeji Benson in Chelmsford
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy from Chelmsford has this morning been arrested in connection with the murder of Ladimeji Benson.
Mr Benson, from Chelmsford, died following an altercation in Baddow Road on Tuesday, November 10.
The teenager was arrested in the early hours on suspicion of assault and affray.
He has been taken to Chelmsford Police station for questioning.
It was the fifth arrest as investigations into Mr Benson’s death continue.
A 20-year-old man arrested on Wednesday on suspicion of murder remains in police custody this morning.
Two men from Chelmsford, aged 22 and 25, and a 20-year-old man of no fixed abode who were arrested in connection with the ongoing police investigation remain on police bail pending further enquiries.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 8 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
Anyone who has information about the incident is asked to call Chelmsford CID on 101 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.