Teenage boy escapes knifepoint robbery in Clacton by punching perpetrator
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy was threatened with a knife during an attempted robbery in Clacton.
It happened at around 6.15pm on Monday, October 29, as the teenager was cycling down an alleyway between Blenheim Road and Park Road.
According to a spokesman for Essex Police, a man threatened the boy with a knife and demanded he empty his pockets.
He said: “The teenager did not hand over any of his possessions and managed to cycle away after punching the man.”
The man then rode off on a black Carrera bike.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as around 5ft 11ins tall, with blond hair and was wearing dark clothing.
The spokesman added the teenager was not injured.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad
Witnesses or anyone who saw a man in the area at the time matching his description is asked to contact Clacton Police Station on 101, quoting reference 42/157767/18.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org