Drug dealer arrested in flat raid is jailed
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A teenage county lines drug dealer arrested during a raid on a flat in Suffolk has been jailed for 28 months.
Police officers went to a flat in Icewell Hill, Newmarket, previously used for ‘cuckooing’ - where drug dealers set up shop in people’s homes - and detained Oreon Rowley, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
He was found to have nearly £2,000 cash in a bag and 40 wraps of crack cocaine - telling officers he had come from London and didn’t really know where he was.
Rowley, 18, of Maynard Road, Hemel Hempstead, admitted possessing crack cocaine with intent to supply on July 21.
Sentencing, Judge Emma Peters said he had been in the flat on his own and had been trusted enough to be sent to Newmarket with £500 worth of drugs.
You may also want to watch:
Joanne Eley, for Rowley, said her client had suffered from mental health problems in the past and was not very sophisticated.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 5 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 8 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 10 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish