Teenage driver attacked
POLICE are hunting for a robber who punched a teenager driver in his face and stole £20. The attack happened while the 18-year-old was on the forecourt at the BP petrol station in Magdalen Street, Colchester.
POLICE are hunting for a robber who punched a teenager driver in his face and stole £20.
The attack happened while the 18-year-old was on the forecourt at the BP petrol station in Magdalen Street, Colchester.
The driver had filled up his car and had just taken his wallet out when he was punched to the ground and the man stole the money and ran off toward the town centre.
The robber was in his late teens or early twenties, white, 6ft, and had a slim build.
He was wearing a navy blue beanie hat and dark scarf with light coloured jogging bottoms and a black top with short sleeves or rolled up sleeves during the attack at about 9.45pm on Friday.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 3 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 7 Ashton on whether a new boss is lined up, the type of manager he's searching for, possible reunions and Town's timeframe for an appointment
- 8 Morsy on 'shock' of Cook sacking and McGreal's message
- 9 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
Det con Kevin Cooper said: “It was a bitterly cold night and this young man may have been noticed because of his bare arms.
“I would like anyone who may have seen someone matching his description or who has any information to contact me.”
Anyone with information about the incident should call Colchester detectives on 0300 333444 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.