Teenage girl allegedly sexually assaulted in Colchester
- Credit: Archant
An alleged sexual assault on a teenager in Colchester is being investigated by police.
The teenage girl has told officers she was attacked by a man in his 30s in Lexden Road at around 1am today.
In a statement, an Essex Police spokesman said: “Police are investigating a sexual assault which took place in Lexden Road in Colchester.
“It happened just before 1am on Tuesday, December 23. The victim, a teenage girl from the local area, was approached by a white man in his 30s and sexually assaulted.
“The man was around 5 ft 6 ins tall with a local accent and was seen wearing dark clothing and a hat. He ran off in the direction of Stanway. The victim is being cared for by specially trained police officers.
You may also want to watch:
“Enquiries are continuing to trace the suspect.
“A scene guard is in place at Lexden Road, behind the Lexden Crown public house while forensic recovery of potential evidence continues.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 6 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
“Anybody with any information about the incident is asked to contact Essex Police on 101.”