Teenager airlifted to hospital after crash in Colchester
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old man was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following a two-car crash in Colchester this morning.
Police were called at around 7.10am today, Saturday, September 23, to the crash in Severalls Lane.
A spokesman for Essex Police said a burgundy Ford Fiesta and a white Ford Fiesta Zetec had collided, with one of the vehicles ending up in a ditch.
He said: “An 18-year-old man driving the Ford Fiesta Zetec was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries, not believed to be life threatening.”
He said the driver of the other vehicle, a man, has also been taken to hospital with minor injuries.
Police are appealing for information following this morning’s crash.
If you witnessed the incident or have any information that could assist officers in their investigation contact Chigwell Roads Policing Unit on 101 quoting incident 252 of 23/09.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 5 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo