Teenager charged with robberies and witness intimidation
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy has been charged with three robberies in Ipswich.
The teenager has been charged with allegedly stealing a speaker, a cigarette lighter and a belt, as well as assaulting three people and intimidating witnesses, across two separate incidents.
The first alleged incident, on September 25, took place in St Stephen’s Church Lane, Ipswich.
It is reported that a mobile speaker and a cigarette lighter were stolen from two juveniles who were also assaulted.
Next month, on October 25, another robbery took place in the same location.
You may also want to watch:
This time a 16-year-old boy was threatened before being punched in the face and having his belt taken.
Police arrested a 17-year-old boy in connection with the incidents and subsequently charged him with three counts of robbery in addition to two counts of witness intimidation.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 5 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 6 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 7 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 8 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 9 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 10 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
The teenager appeared before Ipswich Youth Court on Thursday, November 8.
He has been bailed to appear before the same court on Thursday, November 15.