Teenager arrested following Chelmsford murder
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a teenager in connection with the murder of Lee Evans in Chelmsford.
Mr Evans, 47, from Chelmsford, was stabbed to death on Cromar Way in the early hours of Friday, June 22.
A 19-year-old man from Chelmsford was arrested on suspicion of murder earlier today and remains in custody.
Police previously arrested three men, aged 40, 53, and 59, and a 53-year-old woman on suspicion of murder.
However all have now been released from custody and will face no further action.
You may also want to watch:
The 53-year-old man was also arrested on suspicion of possession of Class A drugs, and has been released under investigation for that offence.
Mr Evans was found injured in Cromar Way at 1am on June 22. He was taken to hospital where, at just after 2am, he was pronounced dead.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 8 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
A post-mortem was carried out, which established that Mr Evans suffered multiple stab wounds and the cause of death was a stab wound to the chest.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call 101, quoting reference 54 of 22/06.
They can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, people can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.