Teenager arrested in connection with Ipswich robbery
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy has been arrested after two people were hurt during a robbery in central Ipswich.
Suffolk police were called to reports of disorder near to St Francis Court in Franciscan Way at around 6.50pm yesterday evening.
A group of suspects assaulted four victims, stealing a moble phone and a bank card in the process.
The four victims – a man and a woman in their 40s, and a man and a woman in their 20s – were taken to hospital for a check-up. The two older victims sustained minor injuries.
The 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of assault and remains at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
A heavy police presence could be seen outside the convenience store at the foot of the tower block shortly after 7pm yesterday.
Officers were talking to groups of people outside the tower, which is Ipswich’s third tallest building at 172ft tall.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 3 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 6 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 9 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 10 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
Police believe this was a targeted assault and would like to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident.
Anyone with information should contact Ipswich CID on 101, quoting crime reference 37/41963/18.
Alternatively, witnesses can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or via their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.