Teenager bundled into car by ‘man with firearm’ in Colchester and driven to Sudbury sparking huge armed police response
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old man was forced into a car by a man reported to have a firearm and driven 15 miles to an address in Sudbury on Thursday night.
Armed police, dog units and the police helicopter swooped on the Springlands Way area of the town with witnesses reporting several officers with guns in the area surrounding Mountbatten Road.
Now Essex Police, who are leading the investigation, believe a teenager was bundled into a car in St John’s Walk in Colchester at around 9pm on Thursday (December 28).
He was then driven to Sudbury by the man, reported to have a firearm, and taken to an address in the Suffolk market town.
A police spokesman said: “The victim was not hurt, we believe the vehicle was a small silver car and we believe this was an isolated incident and there is no risk to the wider public.
“No arrests have been made at this stage but investigations are ongoing.”
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for witnesses to the incident.
Anyone with information should call Colchester CID on 101.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.