Teenager charged over fatal crash
A TEENAGER has today been charged with a string of offences following a crash which killed a 61-year-old woman.Kyler Jackson, 18, of Blake Road, Ipswich, was arrested at 9.
A TEENAGER has today been charged with a string of offences following a crash which killed a 61-year-old woman.
Kyler Jackson, 18, of Blake Road, Ipswich, was arrested at 9.15pm on Wednesday March 26 at Centre Parcs, Elveden, on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
His arrest followed investigations into a fatal fail-to-stop road traffic collision on Sunday March 23 on Stoke Park Drive in Ipswich.
Susan Garnham, 61, died of her injuries shortly after her arrival at Ipswich Hospital.
The 18-year-old has been charged with careless driving, driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence, no insurance, failing to stop at an injury road traffic collision and failing to report a road traffic collision.
He has been bailed to attend the South East Suffolk Magistrates Court at 9.30am on Friday May 2, 2008.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 7 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 8 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 9 Let's get physical, 'spanner in the works' and selection headaches
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
A 21-year-old Ipswich man arrested on Wednesday March 26 is still on police bail. He is due to return to Ipswich Police Station at 8pm on Tuesday May 6 pending further enquiries.
Anyone who has information relating to this incident is still encouraged to contact sergeant John Hawkes on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.