Teenager charged with rape
A TEENAGER has appeared in court charged with rape after an incident on New Year’s Eve.
A TEENAGER has appeared in court charged with three counts of rape after an incident on New Year's Eve.
Lewis McKinney, 18, of Bellfield Avenue, Brightlingsea, is accused of three counts of rape and one count of assault at an address in the town.
Police said they were called to a house shortly before 9.30pm by a woman who said she and a friend had been assaulted.
Officers arrived to find a 49-year-old woman and a 60-year-old woman in a distressed state, a police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
McKinney, who is unemployed, was arrested shortly afterwards and appeared before Chelmsford magistrates on Saturday morning.
The teenager, who did not enter any pleas, was remanded in custody until the next hearing at Chelmsford Crown Court in March.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 5 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week