Teenager due in court after alleged armed robbery at One Stop, Stowmarket
- Credit: Chris Shimwell
An 18-year-old man has been charged and is due to appear in court this morning after an alleged armed robbery at a shop in Stowmarket yesterday morning.
Connor Higgins, 18, of Kent Road, Stowmarket, was detained within an hour after the alleged incident at One Stop in Ipswich Street.
Police were called at around 8.15am yesterday to reports that a man had entered the shop and stolen a quantity of cash after showing staff what appeared to be a small axe, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
Higgins was detained by officers soon after the alleged incident and taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
He has been charged with robbery and is due to appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court in Ipswich today.
You may also want to watch:
A second 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit robbery. He has been released on bail pending further enquiries and is due to return to police on April 24.
Witnesses or anyone with any information about the alleged incident is asked to call Suffolk Constabulary on 101, quoting CAD number 80 of Sunday, March 12.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Audi and Jaguar crash into central reservation on A12 at Copdock
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years