Teenager in court to face Bury St Edmunds attempted rape charge
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has appeared in court accused of attempting to rape a woman in Bury St Edmunds.
Sinan Mehmedov appeared in custody at Suffolk Magistrates’ Court, in Ipswich, on Friday.
The 19-year-old, of no fixed address, is accused of attempting to rape a 25-year-old woman in Cullum Road.
The attack is alleged to have happened between 4am and 4.15am on Sunday, June 3.
Mehmedov was arrested in Chelmsford on Wednesday and taken to Bury St Edmunds police investigation centre, where he was questioned and subsequently charged with attempted rape.
You may also want to watch:
He remained in custody for his first appearance before magistrates, who committed the case to Ipswich Crown Court for a plea and trial preparation hearing on October 19.
Mehmedov was remanded in custody until his next appearance in connection with the alleged offence – triable only on indictment, by jury.
- 1 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 2 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 3 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 4 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 5 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 6 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 9 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 10 Hadleigh dad fights to reverse diabetes diagnosis