Teenager jailed for dealing drugs in Ipswich
- Credit: ARCHANT
A teenager who was seen drug dealing in Ipswich has been jailed for three years.
Nineteen-year-old Qusai Abdalla was due to stand trial at Ipswich Crown Court on Wednesday (November 14) but before a jury was empanelled he pleaded guilty to being concerned in the supply of cocaine between July 14 and August 2 last year and possessing cocaine with intent to supply on August 1 last year.
Wayne Cleaver, prosecuting, said police officers keeping watch from a parked car saw Abdalla dealing drugs in the area of Gibbon Street, Ipswich, in August last year.
Following his arrest officers found two small wraps of crack cocaine in his possession, £130 cash and a mobile phone.
The court heard that when the phone was downloaded it was found to contain messages advertising drugs for sale and orders for drugs from customers.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard that in October last year Abdalla, of no fixed address, was sentenced to seven years detention in a young offenders’ institution for wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and possessing drugs with intent to supply.
Judge Rupert Overbury jailed Abdalla for three years to run concurrently with the seven year sentence.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 7 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family