Teenager killed in moped crash
A TEENAGE scooter rider died yesterday after he was involved in a head-on collision with a car.The 17-year-old youth suffered multiple injuries and died at the scene of the accident in Harwich Road, Bradfield, between Manningtree and Harwich.
A TEENAGE scooter rider died yesterday after he was involved in a head-on collision with a car.
The 17-year-old youth suffered multiple injuries and died at the scene of the accident in Harwich Road, Bradfield, between Manningtree and Harwich.
The accident happened at about 9.15am. The young man was riding a black Aprilia moped when he was involved in a collision with a Hyundai Getz car traveling in the opposite direction.
Essex Ambulance Service sent an ambulance and paramedic manager to the crash but there was nothing paramedics could do to save the moped rider as his injuries were so severe.
You may also want to watch:
Clinical operations manager at Essex Ambulance Service, John Nicholls, said: "When we arrived on scene it was clear that the rider had suffered massive injuries and unfortunately there was nothing we could do to save him.
"The driver of the car was an elderly woman who was extremely shaken by the incident. She was taken to Harwich Hospital for a check up.
- 1 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 3 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 7 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 8 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
"A van driver who had stopped to offer assistance was also checked over as he was shaken, but he didn't require to go to hospital."
Police are expecting to name the young victim today . He is the 11th motorcycle or moped rider to die on the roads in Essex this year.
Both the victim and the driver of the car are local.
The road was closed for several hours while the emergency services dealt with the accident.
Traffic officers are appealing for any witnesses to the accident, which happened near the Strangers Arms pub, to contact Stanway road policing unit on 01206 762512.