Teenager killed in motorcycle crash
A TEENAGE motorcyclist died when he collided with a wall and a lamp-post in the early hours of yesterday morning.Nathan McMahon, 17, of Spexhall Way, Lowestoft, was driving a green Kawasaki motorbike along the A12 Yarmouth Road in the town when it left the road near to the junction with Cart Score at around 2.
By Sarah Chambers
A TEENAGE motorcyclist died when he collided with a wall and a lamp-post in the early hours of yesterday morning.
Nathan McMahon, 17, of Spexhall Way, Lowestoft, was driving a green Kawasaki motorbike along the A12 Yarmouth Road in the town when it left the road near to the junction with Cart Score at around 2.20am.
Police and ambulance crews attended, but he was pronounced dead at the scene. There were no other vehicles involved in the accident.
You may also want to watch:
Police were yesterday trying to piece together what happened, and are calling for witnesses who may have seen the motorcycle prior to the accident.
Sergeant Steve Knight, of Halesworth Road policing unit, said they were very keen to talk to any witnesses who may have seen a green Kawasaki motorcycle being ridden round in the north area of Lowestoft before 2.20am.
- 1 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 2 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 3 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 4 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 5 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 6 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 7 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 8 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 9 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 10 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
"It's particularly tragic because the rider was of such a young age and obviously we are investigating the accident at the moment. It's too early to say how it happened," he said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact either Pc Gary Hutchings or Sgt Knight at Halesworth Road policing unit on 01986 835350 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.