Teenager killed in road accident named by police
A TEENAGER killed in a road accident in Colchester has been named by police.
A TEENAGER killed in an horrific accident in Colchester has been named by police.
Michael Hammond, 18, of Spring Chase, Wivenhoe, died in the accident which happened on the Avenue of Remembrance in Colchester shortly after 2.30am yesterday.
The driver, 20, of Colchester, who has not been named, is in a critical but stable condition in the Royal London Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The black Ford Fiesta was heading towards the town centre when it came off the road close to its junction with Sheepen Road.
Emergency services rushed to the scene and fire crews from Colchester used cutting equipment to free the men from the car.
- 1 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 10 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
The 18-year-old passenger was declared dead at the scene whilst the driver was rushed to Colchester General Hospital before he was transferred to the Royal London.
The road was closed for more than four hours as forensic investigations were carried out.
Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact Stanway road policing unit on 01206 571275.