Teenage girl racially abused and assaulted in Essex
- Credit: Archant
A teenage girl was racially abused and assaulted after being approached by a gang of around 20 youths in Essex.
Police are appealing for information about the racially aggravated assault in Maldon Road, Witham, around 7pm on Thursday.
A boy and girl, both aged in their teens, were sitting down when they were approached by the gang.
The girl was racially abused and then hit as she tried to run off.
The pair fled the scene and the girl was taken to hospital for a cut to the head.
Any information can be reported to PC Clare Bailey at Braintree Community Policing Team on 101, quoting crime reference 42/99358/18.
Incidents of hate crime can also be reported to Hate Incident Reporting Centres across Essex where victims or witnesses can report crimes to specially trained hate crime ambassadors.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 6 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 7 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 10 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
To find your nearest centre, visit www.essex.police.uk/advice/hate-crime.
Incidents can also be reported via the True Vision website at www.report-it.org.uk or by contacting Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or www.crimestoppers-uk.org.