Teenager raped in daylight attack
By Jonathan BarnesDETECTIVES launched an investigation last night after a teenager was raped in a house.The 18-year-old woman was attacked in Sidegate Lane in Ipswich at about 4pm yesterday.
By Jonathan Barnes
DETECTIVES launched an investigation last night after a teenager was raped in a house.
The 18-year-old woman was attacked in Sidegate Lane in Ipswich at about 4pm yesterday.
Suffolk police said she had been approached by a man in the driveway of a house, grabbed and forced into the house, where she was raped.
You may also want to watch:
The rapist then fled towards a lane that runs along the back of the houses in the road.
Detectives, who were searching last night the house for clues and attempting to speak to the distressed victim, said they were in the early stages of the investigation.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
The area of the attack is near two schools - Sidegate Primary School, in Sidegate Lane, and Northgate High School, in Sidegate Lane West.
Keith Herod, the borough councillor for Rushmere ward, which includes Sidegate Lane, said he was shocked by the incident.
“It surprises me to hear about this. It is a nice area to be councillor for, with a good mixture of residents,” he added.
“There is not a great deal of crime in the area and, obviously, it must be very worrying for people to hear about something like this.
“Sadly, you do hear more and more of these kind of incidents happening these days. It is very concerning.”
The rapist was described as white, aged in his 40s, with short black and grey hair and wearing a black jumper with a round neck.
Anyone with information should contact Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.