Teenager raped in “nasty attack”
Police are today continuing to investigate after a teenage girl claims she was forced into a car, driven to an area of woodland in Ipswich and raped.
Police officers are today appealing for information to help with their ongoing inquiries.
After being out with friends a 17-year-old girl was walking home along Landseer Road, near Johnstones Paint, on Friday at around 7pm when the alleged incident happened.
A dark blue car pulled up alongside her and the male driver forced her into the car.
He then drove her to the car park near to Ipswich Tyres and Exhausts on the industrial estate on the corner of Landseer Road and Cliff Lane.
You may also want to watch:
The man then took his victim into nearby woodlands, off Holy Wells Road close to Holywells Park, where he raped her.
The teenage girl managed to run off towards Cliff Lane and Oulton Road where she flagged down a member of the public, who called police.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said the victim has been formally interviewed and numerous lines of inquiry are being investigated.
She said officers are trawling through CCTV evidence, scenes of crime officers are examining the scene, statements are being taken and searches are being carried out.
The man is described as being white, around 47 years old, of medium build with a shaved head.
He was clean shaven and wearing jeans at the time of the attack.
Detective superintendent Jon Brighton, the officer leading the investigation, said: “This investigation is very much still in the early stages.
“The female has been subjected to a nasty attack and although physically uninjured she is very shaken.
“I urge anyone who might have been in the area or knows anything to contact Ipswich CID without delay.”
If you were in the area, saw or heard anything, or know anything that may assist officers with their inquiries please call Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.