Teenager sexually assaulted during afternoon attack in Lowestoft alleyway
- Credit: Archant
A teenage woman was knocked to the ground in a Suffolk alleyway and sexually assaulted by a man.
The 18-year-old victim fought back during the struggle in Lowestoft at around 2.55pm yesterday and bit the attacker on his left hand.
The incident happened in an alleyway between Field View Drive and Barnards Meadow in the town.
The woman was walking down the path when she was grabbed from behind and hit to the ground before being sexually touched and physically assaulted by a man.
The offender fled the scene on a mountain bike.
You may also want to watch:
The teenager required hospital treatment as a result of the assault.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said the victim was being supported by specially trained officers.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 6 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 7 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 8 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
The suspect is described as a slim, white man, in his mid 20s to early 30s, with short dark brown hair.
He was wearing wrap around style sunglasses and a bright blue t-shirt which possibly had white markings on it.
Anybody who may have seen a man fitting the description in the area, or anybody who may have witnessed the incident, is asked to call Lowestoft Criminal Investigations Department on 101 quoting reference 24777/18.
Alternatively, contact the charity Crimestoppers on anonymously on 0800 555 111.