Another tragedy as boy, 15, stabbed to death
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old boy has been stabbed to death in a large fight after a birthday party attended by up to 100 youths in east London.
Metropolitan Police officers were called to a community centre in Romford on Saturday night after fighting broke out as youngsters left the event.
The teenage boy was found with knife wounds and died at the scene.
Three male teenagers were arrested on suspicion of murder and taken for questioning at separate police stations in east London, Scotland Yard said.
Detective Sergeant Gurj Singh said: “Response officers who attended the initial calls were confronted with up to 100 youths leaving a birthday party gathering at a community centre.
You may also want to watch:
“There appeared to be fighting and tragically a teenager has been found with fatal injuries.”
The Met said a bus driver aged in his 50s was also treated for a head injury at the scene.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 5 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 6 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 7 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 8 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 9 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 10 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon
The boy’s next of kin have been informed, although his identity has not been released.
This adds to the devastating spate of knife crime across East Anglia this month.
Just yesterday, a man in his 40s was stabbed to death in Norwich.
Another man in his 40s was fatally stabbed in Chelmsford on Friday – just weeks after a teenager was stabbed in the town centre.
On June 19, a man suffered significant injuries during a stabbing in Clacton-on-Sea.
In Ipswich there were three serious knife attacks – one of which resulted in a teenager’s death – over the course of just two weeks.