Teenager suffers serious head injuries in collision
A TEENAGER has been flown to hospital after a collision flipped her over the top of a car bonnet.
The ambulance service was called to New Bowers Way, Chelmsford, at just before 3.40pm yesterday after receiving reports that a 15-year-old girl had been left with serious injuries.
A rapid response vehicle was on scene in about four minutes, an ambulance arrived shortly afterwards. The Essex Air Ambulance was also dispatched.
Paramedic Laurie Phillipson said: “The collision had caused the Chelmsford teenager to go over the bonnet of the car.
“Treatment included sedation, full immobilisation, a pre-hospital anaesthetic so that we could care for her more safely, and a bubble wrap blanket to protect her from the elements.
You may also want to watch:
“We then flew her to Queens Hospital, Romford, where there is a specialist neuro facility.”
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo