Teenager suffers sex attack
A TEENAGE girl has been left “traumatised” after falling victim to a sexual assault in north Suffolk.Police in Lowestoft are appealing to the public for information to help them trace the person responsible for attacking the 14-year-old girl in the town.
A TEENAGE girl has been left “traumatised” after falling victim to a sexual assault in north Suffolk.
Police in Lowestoft are appealing to the public for information to help them trace the person responsible for attacking the 14-year-old girl in the town.
The incident took place in an alleyway beside Waveney Crescent at around 4pm on Thursday, April 16.
The young girl said she was walking home from a friend's house after school when she noticed a man following her.
You may also want to watch:
She said she started to walk more quickly but the man started to walk quicker too.
So she then ran into a large alleyway beside the G & M shop between Kimberley Road and Waveney Crescent.
- 1 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 2 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 3 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 6 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 8 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 9 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 10 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
At this point, the teenager said the man grabbed her by her arms and pulled her into a smaller alleyway where the assault took place.
The girl said she shouted at him throughout the incident.
After the man kissed her and stroked her arms, she asked if she could go and he let her. She then made her way home.
The young girl, who was said to be traumatised by the incident, did not report it to anyone until Sunday, April 29.
Specialist officers are now working with her to obtain the details of what took place.
The man is described as white, about 30 to 40 years old and between 5ft7ins and 5ft8ins tall.
He is said to be of skinny build and at the time of the incident was wearing a baseball cap and hoody, blue jeans and black shoes.
The girl said she remembers seeing him in the area in the weeks before the incident.
Detective Constable Lee Johnston, the investigating officer, said: “This was clearly an extremely distressing experience for this young and vulnerable victim.
“We need to trace the offender as quickly as possible and I would urge him or anyone who has information about this matter to contact me as a matter of urgency.”
Anyone with information should call Lowestoft CID on 01473 613500.