Teenager warned he is in ‘last chance saloon’ over probation report
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk teenager accused of aggravated vehicle taking has been given “one last chance” to have a pre-sentence report prepared on him by the probation service before he is sentenced next month.
Tyler Ezobi, 18, of Sands Lane, Lowestoft, has failed to attend two appointments with the probation service and blamed ill-health and a family row for his non-attendance, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
Ezobi has admitted aggravated vehicle taking, driving without insurance and driving without a licence and was due to have been sentenced at Ipswich Crown Court today.
However his barrister, Daniel Taylor urged the court to give his client one last chance to have a report prepared on him because of concerns about underlying mental health issues.
He said a sentence of immediate custody would have a negative effect on Ezobi’s mental health and it was also important to explore why he had behaved the way he did on the day he committed the offences.
You may also want to watch:
Recorder Jonathan Ashley-Norman agreed to adjourn the case but warned Ezobi it was “last chance saloon”.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 9 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill