Teenagers are attacked and robbed in a dark alleyway
FELIXSTOWE: Detectives are today carrying out an investigation after three teenagers were attacked and robbed in a dark alleyway in the early hours of the morning.
The young men were walking down the Cemetery Path – which links the Maidstone Road hump-backed railway bridge with Mill Lane, in Felixstowe – when they were set upon by three men.
The victims – all aged 19 – were threatened and then attacked by the gang, who then made off with their possessions.
Police said the attack happened at around 3.30am yesterday as the teenagers walked the narrow tarmac path, which is almost half a mile long. It runs alongside the town’s cemetery and then allotments on one side, and is flanked by the port’s southern rail link in a cutting on the other side.
The robbers got away with cash, keys, two wallets, a black MP3 player and case, an orange-coloured Animal make rucksack, a black Nokia N96 slide mobile phone, black LG Chocolate mobile phone and two train tickets.
You may also want to watch:
One of the victims was kicked in the ribs and one other suffered a nose bleed.
An ambulance was called to treat the injured pair.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 5 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 9 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 10 Sweltering Suffolk could see hottest day this year ahead of thunderstorms
There are no houses along the path, which is largely unlit except for four street lamps.
One resident in Mill Lane said she had been unaware of the robbery.
“I did hear a bit of a kerfuffle and noise around the time because I remember hearing someone shout, ‘It’s 3.30am’, but I didn’t know there had been a robbery,” said the woman, who did not wish to be named.
A police spokesman said one of the offenders is described as white, aged in his late teens, approximately 5ft 9in and of slim build, and was wearing a white hooded top with the hood up and a black scarf covering his face.
The other two are described as 5ft 5in, with one a little shorter, both wearing hooded tops with the hoods up and dark coloured scarves covering their faces.
Anyone with information should call DC Andrew Moore at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
n Were you one of the teenagers involved – call the Evening Star Newsdesk on 01394 284109 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org