Woman pushed over and man chased during disturbance near Witham Asda
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Two teenagers have been arrested in connection with a disturbance in a Witham supermarket car park where a woman was assaulted.
Police were called at around 4.50pm on April 16 to reports that two people had shouted words of abuse to a woman outside Asda, in Highfields Road, before pushing her to the floor.
They then chased a man, aged in his 20s, around the car park before officers arrived at the scene.
A 17-year-old boy from Maldon was arrested on suspicion of affray, and an 18-year-old man from Witham was arrested on suspicion of assault.
The pair have been released on bail until May 13.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for any shoppers who were in the area at the time to get in touch via 101 quoting crime reference 42/52496/18, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 5 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 6 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 7 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season