Teenagers arrested after fatal crash
POLICE hunting for a blood-stained man who allegedly fled the scene of a fatal road crash involving a stolen car have arrested two teenage boys.The crash happened on the southbound M11 at around 8am yesterday when a blue Vauxhall Signum left the carriageway and slid down an embankment.
POLICE hunting for a blood-stained man who allegedly fled the scene of a fatal road crash involving a stolen car have arrested two teenage boys.
The crash happened on the southbound M11 near Harlow at around 8am yesterday when a blue Vauxhall Signum left the carriageway and slid down an embankment.
Police discovered the dead body of a 16-year-old boy from London inside the stolen vehicle and, in undergrowth nearby, found a seriously injured 17-year-old, also from London.
The youth had a badly injured arm and was flown to Queen's Hospital in Romford, where he was later arrested in connection with the crash.
The southbound carriageway of the motorway was closed for 11 hours following the smash and the northbound track also suffered congestion due to motorists slowing down to view the police activity.
- 1 'It's a contractual issue' - McKenna explains Simpson recall
- 2 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 3 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 4 'It was worth it!' - Town co-owner has a celebration scar
- 5 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 6 'I lost my patience... that's how I roll' - Holt apology for 'derogatory' Morsy comments
- 7 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
- 8 'We were harshly beaten' - Dons boss on Town defeat
- 10 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
Yesterday an Essex Police spokesman said that a 16-year-old boy had been arrested in the Shepherd's Bush area of west London and was being questioned in Basildon in relation to a number of offences connected to the crash.