Teenagers allegedly found with knives tucked in their waistbands at train station
- Credit: Archant
Two boys have been arrested and charged after allegedly being found with knives tucked in their waistbands at a railway station.
Special constables from Essex Police and officers from the British Transport Police (BTP) carried out a stop and search on two teenagers, aged 15 and 16, at Dovercourt station, near Harwich, Essex, on Friday, November 2 at 1.30pm.
A spokesman from the BTP said: “Two boys will appear before magistrates after being charged for possession of bladed articles in a public place.
“The charges relate to a stop and search at Dovercourt station on November 2 at 1.30pm.
“The boys, who are both from Essex, will appear at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on December 4.
“They were released on bail until this date.”
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 A12 blocked following two vehicle crash
- 7 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 8 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 9 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143