Teenagers in hospital after fight
THREE teenagers were in hospital last nightwith life-threatening injuries after a fight in Colchester.The three youths were part of a group who were involved in a disturbance at Finchingfield Way in the Monkwick area of Colchester.
THREE teenagers were in hospital last nightwith life-threatening injuries after a fight in Colchester.
The three youths were part of a group who were involved in a disturbance at Finchingfield Way in the Monkwick area of Colchester.
An Essex Police spokesman said that three people had been taken to hospital with serious injuries.
He said the police were called to the incident at about 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
"There was a disturbance involving a number of youths. Three people were injured and one person has been arrested.
"No weapons were used as far as we are aware. It was youths fighting. The injuries are serious and the people have been taken to hospital.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 8 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 9 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 10 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
"The injuries are said to be life threatening. The duty inspector is on the scene but we will not be able to comment further until the appropriate people have been informed."
At 10pm last night police officers were still at the scene of the incident.
The Essex Ambulance Service was unavailable for comment.
Susan Brooks, a Colchester borough councillor for the Berechurch ward, which includes Monkwick, was visiting a constituent nearby last night who happened to have seen the incident.
She said: "I was visiting a resident just round the corner. They have still got the area sealed off and the resident said there was a pool of blood and it certainly looks like a crime scene.
"My constituent said that a lady in one of the houses was screaming and there was a lot of noise. There are still quite a number of police there.
"We have had a lot of youth problems round here. There have been a number of fights and couple of weeks ago there was a couple of serious beatings in the Monkwick area.
"We are putting a lot of work into improving it. This incident is a one off and is not typical of the area. It is usually just kids on bikes."