Tendring residents reminded of Christmas opening times
- Credit: Archant
Tendring residents are being reminded of the district council’s revised opening times over Christmas.
Tendring District Council (TDC) says any urgent issues will be dealt with as usual over Christmas and into the new year as most frontline services will be maintained for residents.
TDC will be closing its offices from 4pm on Monday, December 24, until 8.45am on Wednesday, January 2.
In emergencies, residents can contact the council’s control centre 24/7 on 01255 222022.
There are also changes to waste and recycling collection days during the period, with no collections on Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Year’s Day.
You may also want to watch:
From Christmas Day for two weeks, most collections will be made two days later than usual. The exception is collections normally made on a Friday, which will be picked up the following Monday.
From Monday, January 7, all collections will be made one day later – including those on Friday, January 11, who will have their waste picked up on Saturday, January 12.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain
All collections return to normal from Monday, January 14.
Neil Stock, TDC leader, said: “Here at TDC we hope that everyone enjoys the festive period.
“Although our offices will be closed and there will be some changes to services, the council’s core operations will still be running and our control centre is there ready to act in the event of an emergency during the Christmas and new year break.”
People can find updated information on waste collection days and office opening times on the council’s website.