Appeal launched after 280 homes bid turned down
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A developer behind plans to build 280 homes, a primary school and nursery and offices on land in Weeley has lodged an appeal after Tendring District Council (TDC) refused the bid.
TDC’s planning vommittee turned down the application, which also included plans for a footbridge over the railway line to replace a level crossing, in November 2018 as they felt the scheme was disproportionate growth for Weeley.
Committee members also said that although the site was earmarked for mixed-use development in the emerging Local Plan, more work needed to be done.
They added that objectors to the scheme should have their concerns heard by the Planning Inspector overseeing the Local Plan.
Because of the site’s inclusion in the emerging Local Plan, the scheme had originally been recommended for approval by TDC officers.
You may also want to watch:
Now the developers have lodged an appeal with the Planning Inspectorate, which will determine whether not planning permission can be granted.
Although previously made representations will be passed on to the Planning Inspector, people have until February 4 to make any further representations to the inspectorate or to modify or withdraw previous comments.
To do so, people should visit the Planning Portal or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 6 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 7 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 9 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 10 Ipswich Town 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1: Late Chaplin goal grabs Town a point
For those without access to the internet, send three copies to: The Planning Inspectorate, Helen Skinner - Room 3/J, Temple Quay House, 2 The Square, Bristol BS1 6PN.
All correspondence should quote reference number APP/P1560/W/18/3218005.