‘Reckless’ man caught speeding at three times the limit on motorbike
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A man has been disqualified from driving after being caught doing over three times the speed limit while riding through a 30mph zone in Tendring.
Marc Lear, of Browning Road, Brantham, was riding on the B1035, School Road, on July 4 when he was caught going 91mph.
The 45-year-old admitted the offence at Colchester Magistrates Court on Wednesday, October 21, and was disqualified from driving for 56 days.
He was also fined £120, ordered to pay £120 in costs and a £34 victim surcharge.
Matt Hine, manager of the Road Crime Team, said: “Marc Lear’s riding was reckless and could have led to tragedy.
You may also want to watch:
“Travelling at more than three times the speed limit shows a complete and utter disregard for the rules of the road and safety of others.
“All it would have taken was for Lear to lose control for a moment or for a member of the public to step into the road and it could easily have led to someone being seriously injured or killed.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 5 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 6 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 9 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 10 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
“We won’t tolerate people breaking the rules of the road and take action to prosecute those who do.”