Car driver doing donuts in Tesco car park at 1am ‘faces £400 in fines’
- Credit: Archant
A driver caught doing donuts in a Tesco car park faces at least six points on his licence and £400 in fines, police have warned.
An officer was dealing with another incident nearby at around 1am on Tuesday, August 4 when he heard tyres screeching at the supermarket car park in Stowmarket.
“He went to investigate and found the vehicle with the tyres extremely warm,” a Suffolk police spokesman said.
“The suspect admitted he was doing it.”
The exhaust system had been altered to increase the noise of the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle was also judged to be in a dangerous condition, as the battery was loose within the engine compartment.
The driver, aged in his early 20s, was fined for careless driving.
- 1 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 2 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 3 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 4 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 6 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 7 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 8 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 9 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 10 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
Officers later Tweeted a picture of the vehicle and said: “After being seen doing doughnuts in #Tesco car park in the early hours of the morning, this vehicle has been seized and the driver now faces at least six points and £400 in fines.
“We will continue to deal robustly with anti-social driving within our area.”