Thanks paid to retiring Wickham Market councillor Bryan Hall
- Credit: Archant
A long-serving councillor and community stalwart has been honoured for his work in east Suffolk.
Bryan Hall, 76, announced he would not be standing as a Suffolk Coastal district councillor in the upcoming elections, after serving four terms representing Wickham Market. He is also retiring from the Wickham Market Partnership, of which he was a founding trustee.
Wickham Market Parish Council offered its thanks to Mr Hall at its latest meeting, when he received a round of applause from its members.
Parish chairman Dick Jenkinson said: “Thank you very much indeed for the tremendous support you’ve given Wickham Market over the past 16 years.”
The Partnership also paid thanks to Mr Hall at its recent annual general meeting, when he was presented with a tankard in recognition of his 14 years with the organisation.
A spokesman for the Partnership said: “He will be sorely missed for all the excellent work he has done over the past 14 years.”
Mr Hall said he was looking forward to spending more time with his family, particularly his grandchildren, after his retirement, though he stressed he would still be playing an active role in the community, where he has lived for the past 40 years.
- 1 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 3 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 4 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 5 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 6 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
- 7 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 9 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 10 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
“We’ve got some great organisations and residents in Wickham Market who have been a real pleasure to work with,” he added.