Thatched cottage roof destroyed in blaze
A THATCHED cottage roof has been completely destroyed in a fire which is raging through to the first floor.
A THATCHED cottage roof has been completely destroyed in a fire.
Fire crews from across Suffolk battled the blaze which broke at 8.10pm at St Ambrose Cottage in Fen Lane, Forward Green near Needham Market.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “One hundred per cent of the thatched roof is involved in the fire which is now completely burned through to the first floor.”
Crews from Stowmarket, Needham Market, Debenham, Elmswell, Princes Street and headquarters in Ipswich, Eye and Bury St Edmunds are all battling to save the building, which measures 20 metres by 10 metres.
You may also want to watch:
See Saturday’s EADT for more details.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town