The big day arrives for Suffolk bride
Her hair is styled, her dress is beautiful and now all she needs to do is walk down the aisle.
Like Kate Middleton, the wait is over for Suffolk bride Charlotte Pip who will be marrying fiance James Durrant at Aldeburgh Parish Church today.
The Woodbridge couple won their big day through the East Anglian Daily Times and sister title, Pure Weddings magazine, and after months of preparation it is time for them to make their vows. However, Ms Pip’s last days as a single woman have not been as calm as she might have hoped.
While speculation over the design of Ms Middleton’s dress reaches fever pitch, Charlotte ’s dress was still with her seamstress on Wednesday after the first design did not work out and a second one had to be created.
Pippa Middleton, sister and bridesmaid of the future princess, has been spotted dashing around London ensuring everything is in place for the Royal wedding.
You may also want to watch:
But one of Ms Pip’s bridesmaids was taken into hospital on Saturday and was only given the all-clear a couple of days ago.
Charlotte, a chemotherapy nurse, said: “I don’t think I’ll relax until I’m walking down the aisle and the ceremony is over.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
“It has all been very exciting and, of course, a bit stressful but the main thing is I just can’t wait to marry James.”
Getting married on the same day as the biggest wedding since Prince Charles and Princess Diana’s has put the spotlight on Ms Pip and Mr Durrant’s nuptials.
The bride-to-be noted having so much interest in her big day has been a surreal experience. She said: “We had one journalist call us from the Czech Republic the other day – it has been crazy. Obviously this wouldn’t be happening if we weren’t getting married on the same day as Prince William and Kate Middleton. It feels like a huge deal and it is quite stressful.
“At the end of the day, we’re just normal people.”
The happy couple won the competition in September and will have their reception at Ufford Park Hotel, near Woodbridge.
They announced their wedding date before the Royals and were “stunned” when they discovered the clash.